PRO CHAI TIPS
Chai harder - follow these pro tips to up your chai game.
- Turn your bag upside down a few times before brewing. The powdered spices can settle during transit.
- Bring the water to a complete boil before adding your Chai Spice Tea.
- Looking for that extra kick? Add freshly grated ginger and/or 1/4 tsp black pepper while boiling tea leaves.
- Do not boil tea in water for over 5 mins. Overcooking the tea makes the tea leaves release their tannins and make the chai bitter.
- Double or triple boil chai, always!
CREAMY MASALA CHAI RECIPE
Chai that tastes like dessert - yum!
This recipe is best enjoyed with whole milk (3%), and one of our masala chai:
Taprri, Cutting, Kadak or Rose.
To make 1 cup (235 ml) of chai:
- Boil 1/2 cup water in a saucepan.
- Add 1 heaping tsp Chai Spice loose tea mix (2 heaping tsp if using Taprri Chai).
- Boil for 3-4 mins.
- Add 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- Allow double boil.
- Aerate with a ladle (optional)
- Strain, sweeten (optional) and enjoy!
EVERYDAY MASALA CHAI RECIPE
Everyday Chai recipe is best enjoyed with 2% milk or milk substitute. It is creamy enough to satisfy the chai craving and light enough to be had multiple times a day without making one feel super full.
To make 1 cup (235 ml) chai:
- Boil 2/3 cup water in a saucepan.
- Add 1 tsp Chai Spice Tea.
- Boil for 3-4 mins.
- Add 1/3 cup 2% milk or milk substitute.
- Allow a double boil.
- Simmer and add sugar (optional)
- Strain and enjoy!
CHAI FRAPPE RECIPE
Perfect for those hot summer days. Have your Iced Chai taste just as good as your Hot cup of Chai with our Frappe recipe.
- Follow the steps to prepare 2 cups of creamy chai.
- Add some ice to a blender.
- Add freshly prepared chai to the blender.
- Add 1/4 cup of Vanilla Ice Cream and 2 parle-G or lotus biscuits (optional)
- Pour in a cup and top up with whipped cream and drizzle with choice of syrup.
CHAI AFFOGATO RECIPE
Chai Affogato - WHAT!!??
Well, try it to know how abso-freakin-lutely delicious this recipe is. We are hooked and we are sure that you will be too!
- Follow the steps to prepare 1 cup of Creamy Chai.
- Add 1-2 scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream in a cocktail cup.
- Pour over the freshly prepared chai.
- Drizzle with choice of syrup (optional)
ICED TEA/COCKTAIL MIX
Our Red Lemonade is perfect for house parties.
A refreshing cold lemonade by the day and a citrusy cocktail mix by the evening - Red Lemonade is sure to impress the crowd.
To make 1L Iced Tea/Cocktail Mix:
- Put 12 tsp tea in a teapot.
- Add 315ml boiling water.
- Steep for 5-7mins.
- Quarter-fill serving pitcher with cold water.
- Add sweetener and stir (optional)
- Strain tea into the pitcher.
- Add ice and top up with cold water.